The practice which was to become Marais en Crowther GR(SA) Inc was formed in 1943 in Bethlehem by Mr. P.A. Laesecke (Who was the grandfather of current director Reuben Brussow).
In the 1960’s the name was changed to Laesecke, Marais, Scholtz and Company. An office was opened in Ficksburg in 1978.
During 1980, after Mr Scholtz left the firm, the name was changed to Marais & Crowther with Leon Marais and Willie Crowther as the senior partners.
The partnership was converted in to a company in 1993 and was named Marais en Crowther GR(SA) Inc. The office in Bloemfontein was opened in 2003.